Saturday, January 12, 2013

The proof of the Manifestation of God


What motivates us to action? For many it is greed, or a desire for peace, security, comfort or well being. The manifestations were only motivated by the compelling force of God to do His will. They did not receive money or any earthly gain for their action. There was no comfort as they were often subject to torture, ridicule, imprisonment or exile. There was absolutely no earthly reason for them to do what they did, so their motivation had to be purely Heavenly.

In the Epistle to the Son of the Wolf, Bahá’u’lláh addresses the Shah of Persia in these words.

These perspicuous verses have been sent down in one of the Tablets by the Abha Pen: "Hearken, O servant, unto the voice of this Wronged One, Who hath endured grievous vexations and trials in the path of God, the Lord of all Names, until such time as He was cast into prison, in the Land of Ta (Tihran). He summoned men unto the most sublime Paradise, and yet they seized Him and paraded Him through cities and countries. How many the nights during which slumber fled from the eyes of My loved ones, because of their love for Me; and how numerous the days whereon I had to face the assaults of the peoples against Me! At one time I found Myself on the heights of mountains; at another in the depths of the prison of Ta (Tihran), in chains and fetters. By the righteousness of God! I was at all times thankful unto Him, uttering His praise, engaged in remembering Him, directed towards Him, satisfied with His pleasure, and lowly and submissive before Him.

               (Baha'u'llah, Epistle to the Son of the Wolf, p. 78, 79)

This was prefaced by;

"My grief exceedeth all the woes to which Jacob gave vent, and all the afflictions of Job are but a part of My sorrows!"

               (Baha'u'llah, Epistle to the Son of the Wolf, p. 77)

We see this Manifestation of God afflicted with great tribulation, yet His mandate is to manifest the Word of God for this day. How can He do that. Bahá’u’lláh cried out in the FIRE TABLET;

Thou seest Me forbidden to speak forth: Then from where will spring Thy melodies, O Nightingale of the worlds?

Now I look at my puny mission to the World and my puny difficulties and put them into perspective. How can I accomplish my mission to spread this Message of Peace to the World? I have no means. My knowledge is limited. My earning power is almost non-existent, but I am not in jail being tortured by my tormentors: At least not yet. So I continue to plod along on this divine path relying only on God as my helper. I pray that He will guide me, show me what to do and give me the right words to say.

For those who follow Christ, He has given us a sure way to recognize Him when He would return in His New Name. (and I will write upon him my new name. Rev. 3:12) He says;

Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves. Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles? Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.

               (Matthew 7:15 - 17)

So it is clear that a prophet that gives forth good fruit is of God. If the teachings lead us to God, compel us toward goodness and bring God’s people together, this truly is of God and no doubt can entertain our minds.

In the Gospel of John Jesus is quoted as saying;

And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd.

               (John 10:16)

Later on He tells the Jews that were questioning Him;

But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you. My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:

               (New Testament, 04 – John 10:26, 27)

So it is clear that, if we want to recognize Christ we have to be familiar with His voice. When we read the quotations of His words, what do they sound like? If we hear or read other quotations that sound like these ones, should we not investigate to see if these are coming from the very same source?

To me that is it. That is the essence and the end of my argument. No more can be said.

I leave it to you and I have absolute faith that you, as one created by God, have the capacity know and recognize the Creator and the Source or His Revelation.

No comments:

Post a Comment